Tuesday, July 26, 2011

MR WIGGLES Letter 'E" practice page (black book)

Source: Trainwriters.com: Mr. Wiggles Letter 'E' Practice Page, Viewed 27 July, 2011,

I have been researching graffiti styles and graffiti letters for my project. I am looking at getting of the computer on the current project and gettting into some handmade stuff for the logo. So I am not sold on making the logo a graffiti piece but I am certainly investigating the notion. Its fun to learn somthing new.

This page is created by New York graffiti artist, Mr. Wiggles, he has a website dedicated to learning graffiti and promoting his graffiti. Its actually hard to find many tutorials on basic graffiti writing so its nice that someone is humble and patient enough to put a resource out there for complete novices such as myself.

He teaches different lettering styles and builds you up to more advanced letters, through basic step by step photo tutorials. There are New York graffiti alphabets as well as broader basic graffiti alphabets. There are a lot of font ites that have computer generated graffiti alphabets but this is hand drawn stuff, so its more authentic to me.

The video I have featured is of him practicing various letter "e" styles. This is not a lesson but more a show of what he can o as a writer. He definitely has that train style that was and probably still is popular in New York.

Look at : trainwriters.com to see the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment