Monday, July 18, 2011

Buddy Bag///Hanging Out


Hanging Out
http://vimeo.com/kevinluna/hangingout

Source: Lysamedia 2011, Hanging Out, viewed, 19 July, 2011, Directed by Kevin Lunar,
http://www.lysamedia.com/index.php?/production/


I enjoyed this video because I found that the music really took what was a fairly short, well shot piece of video and brought it to life. I think that music is a really important part of making a short film because it can either make or break a viewers enjoyment of a piece of footage. If it fits and is appropriate to the visual it enhances it. If it is ill-fitted then the felling the director is trying to portray i lost.

This music fits quite well to the film and provides a sense of slowness and ambiguity to the film.

I will be trying to carefully consider the music I add to my short films for the reasons stated above. I also thought that music like the track used in this piece was similar to the type of music I might use for Tom O'herns segment as it has that low fi, droning approach much like the music Tom listens to in the "Rage Cage" studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment