Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thoughts in Week 4

I have had successes in this project so far. I can also say that now I am hitting a bit of a wall!! I had a nightmare situation the other day where the camera I as using to record an interview broke down without me realising until I checked the tape back. It was a spur of the moment interview and It went amazingly well. The downside was that the heads of the video camera were dirty and I lost everything!!

I had almost storyboarded the entire end product of this shoot in my mind and the interview fed right into my ideas. I felt tlike I was onto a great video. It happens and there is a chance I might get to shoot it again? I am definitely being more considerate of lighting and all the aspects of shooting interview footage that will make the end product more engaging, but Technology seems to be what is holding me back this week!!

Today I have tried to put a video onto the university computer and there are so many files that students have left on here that I can't manage to get the computer to keep up with the playback. I have basically lost a day of editing messing around with cleaning up hard drives and moving data from place to place. Always a scary thing, in case you lose valuable files!

So whats next? I can't give up. I have too videos edited to the point where the audio is good enough to start storyboarding so I guess that is the next step. Technical problems can be worked out over time but you can't sit there and worry about it. I just have to keep pushing through it and producing work. It is hard for motivation though when you keep hitting walls rather than going forward. The E-media guys are a great support team though!

No comments:

Post a Comment