Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sound

I had wanted to go into the studio with my friend John Salter on drums and me on the bass to create a minimal Jazzy soundtrack. we would have done about five 20 second grabs and then I would have picked the one which worked best with the footage. Unfortunately time ran out and John has exams so I had to make a choice between Miles Davis and Garage Band. I really did want it all to be my thing and despite the slight compromise I was able to make a Jazzy tune which was very repetitive in-keeping with the loop theme. It was a little challenging to try and play the tune on a computer keyboard but I got there in the end.

As suggested in the Crit. I did try to do some footsteps to go with it but syncing them up with the footage didn't work too well. I would have needed to stand infront of the computer and clunk arounf in heels at the appropriate moments. Unfortunately the downfall of this was that I couldn't get a computer near the right type of floor to do this. All the rooms were carpeted.

I think in terms of sound I could have worked a little harder on it but when I showed it to a classmate and asked him about the soundtrack he said "Don't worry about Miles Davis, this gets the message across." So I was happy with that. I still love Kind of Blue as an album though, Good on ya Miles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment