Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pre Production

Once approved as an idea, i started to plan how to pull this off since I had limited experience in film. It was suggested that I use a school for some of the shots and seeing as I was a student at Elizabeth College last year I thought I would have a good chance of using the older corridors in their building to film in. E-media student Dylan Oswin happens to work at Elizabeth College and h not only secured the location but took photos for me to make sure it was appropriate.

I decided to shoot as much as I could at uni and do the corridor and hall scenes at Elizabeth.
I was also fortunate to have my brother come down from Sydney on holiday with nothing to do for three weeks. This was perfect because it is always hard to find people with enough time to be involved in these things. 

I had a lunch with a guy who does a lot of short film projects - Shaun Wilson. I showed him my storyboard and asked for his advice on shooting and lighting. It was quite informative and helpful. Another stroke of luck was that E-media Student Matt Magnus was keen to do ssome shooting on a Sunday. He didn't need the studio for long and agreed to help me if I gave him a hand. I needed one more person and my mate Gatesy is always keen to lend a hand for these types of things. Now I had my actors. I would have to jump in for some of it too. Its always funny to explain to someone why they have to come dressed in a costume. The guys did a really good job. Especially my bro who had to do a lot of different scenes over and over dressed in borrowed clothes that weren't a perfect fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment