Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Crit

There has been a strange phenomenon in E-media Crits this year. I never really get much criticism - good or bad. I would like to think that its because my stuff is so amazing it leaves people speechless but this is definitely not the case. I just find that I have walked away three times with not much feedback. I just managed to present at the end of the crit. Peole might have been a bit worn out but they seemed to like it. I found that the class spent most of the time analysing the way that some shots had a border and some didn't. It was suggested that I leave it for effect because it was mostly on the stair shots that looked good with the vertical border. 

Other suggestions were that I re-edit and tighten it up. I wholeheartedly agreed with that as it was a pretty rough edit and needed some tweaking. The other one was that I put in some walking sounds which I do regret a bit that I was not able to do! 

My hope is that if I continue with E-media I will get a bit more feedback for future projects because I always leave feeling that I haven't really been offered to much substance in what I can change or do differently. They are usually only slight or small changes and suggestions offered up and I feel like E-media has been my weakest subject, so some suggestions on what I can do differently are always most welcome. E-Media has all been very new to me and a bit of guidance is always helpful when you start out on something new. I have enjoyed the experience though. I love making the films and I can only get better with practice. I think this one is a lot better than my 'Ident' in terms of lighting and camera work. I'm pretty proud of what I have achieved with such limited experience in this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment